GIRL!
We just found out today. We had our 20-week anatomy test, which is when the tech does a 30 minute sonogram and takes several measurements. We saw our little girl's (!) various organ's, bones, her lips - she even looked straight at us and waved at one point! We're happy to say she's healthy and growing as she should be.
And I have to say it was an emotional moment. Both Seth and I were tearing up. Is it odd to say I started seeing her life flash before my eyes? I mean literally I was thinking about what kind of girl she would be and what kind of woman she would turn into - the arguments about when she gets to date, bringing home a boy for the first time - even what kind of mother, sister or wife she will be. What career will she choose? I've already told my roommate from law school that her son and my kid will be roommates in medical school.
But one thing at a time. For now we'll day-dream about sweet kisses, dresses, and purses (until her dark goth phase in high school of course).
Here are some pics of her (in the first one she's waving, you can see her hand at the top of the screen; and in the second she's just laying on her back - head is on the right side of the screen).
Rishi is very excited!
ReplyDeleteOMG ! GURLS RULE ! especially your one.
ReplyDeletecongrats 2 the 3 of yous.
much love,
vee