Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kicking and Screaming

Well she's not screaming yet, but she's definitely kicking.  

It is an interesting phenomenon - a living being moving inside of you. I don't think I noticed it the first couple of times - it just felt like the smallest little tap. But then about three weeks ago I started to feel something regularly, like a bubble popping in my belly.  It would happen throughout the day, but it was most noticeable when I was waking up in the morning and just lying there.  One day it just occurred to me - oh, that's the baby!

I have to be honest, my first reaction was to envision that terrible scene from the movie Alien where it bursts out of the guy's chest.  Yea, gross. But come on! How odd is it to think there is a little being inside of you?  Obviously I've seen humans and animals giving birth - it's the most natural thing on the planet.  But it's always been other people - not me.   But I got used to it.  Though I felt bad - I'd report to Seth that she was moving, but he couldn't feel anything.

And then about a week ago I was lying on the couch when out of the corner of my eye I saw my stomach move!  Not a little bubble popping - but a full on kick or punch that caused my skin to move. That was something.  I called Seth over and he was finally able to feel his daughter move.  This weekend when we went home for Thanksgiving, my sister and brother were also able to feel a kick. 

And now I like feeling her kick.   Though there are times when she's in a particularly ninja-esque mood and I think she might be in some sort of distress.  But no, apparently that's normal, and perhaps a sign of things to come.


And here's a pic at 22 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment